Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Tragedy



My sweet husband was mowing the lawn this weekend. As I watched him mow from the porch swing, he lept from the mower and ran around our fence and disappeared into the neighbor's yard.


What in the world?! I went to investigate.


He met me coming around the privacy fence with a little brown ball of fluff in his hands. "What is it?!" I exclaimed, not able to tell what it was because his hands were huge around it.


He opened his hands to show me and the little bunny did some serious kicking and bucking and next thing you know, quick as you could blink, it darted up his chest and lept to the ground and took off like a shot into the neighbor's yard behind us...right into the eyeshot of two German Shephards.


I don't need to give you the details but before I could scream out, they had the little thing. I don't think they meant to kill it but rather play with it. But, needless to say, it did not survive.


We both were so bummed out about it when he finished mowing we went inside and sulked.  I hate when something like that happens.  It really is a tragedy.

No comments: