Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Beautiful Iris

Spring is finally here and with it comes a gorgeous profusion of blooming.  The first was Daffodils/Buttercups.  I don't have any of those in my yard - yet.  It's my daughter's birthday flower since she was a March baby.   Then there were Hyacinths.  Next were the Bradford Pear trees.  I do have one of those!!  But with those blooms comes my allergies.  We have sneezing, sinus drainage, and an annoying cough!  But...to get this nice and warmer weather, it's worth the brief discomfort!

Then the next to bloom was the Iris!  I have those!!  A friend last year was nice enough to give me a big bag of bulbs when he and his wife divided their bulb flowerbeds.  They not only gave me Iris bulbs, but they also gave me Day Lillies!  It's not time for the Day Lillies to bloom yet, but their foliage is present and green and growing!  I planted the Day Lillies in front of the Iris'.  It's hard to tell their foliage from the Iris foliage in this picture.  The 1st picture was the bed before I planted the bulbs. 

How are things blooming in your yard this spring?  Today I got a great surprise!  That same friend who gave me the bulbs for this bed brought in some more Iris bulbs but these are peach colored!!  I plan to put them in the ground tonight.  I'll have to wait till next year to see those blooms, though!

No comments: