Monday, October 25, 2010

Caramel Apple & Pecan Cookies

Thought I'd been missing in action long enough!  Trust me, I've been up to some things, just never could find the time to blog about it!  Hope everyone is enjoying the fall weather that is FINALLY here!  I had grown very tired of the high heat day after day!  It's refreshing to have fall temperatures and enjoy the leaves starting to change.

With fall, for some reason, comes the desire for me to bake!  I love to bake!  I rarely have the time to do it, however.  This week, though, was fall break with the kids so I had the time to do a little baking. 

While perusing blogland a few weeks ago, I discovered a yummy recipe on Smashed Peas & Carrots blog for Caramel Apple Cookies.  You can find the recipe HERE.  Doesn't it look & sound devine?  I borrowed a pic of Maggie's finished product because I forgot to take a picture of mine!

Loved, loved, loved these cookies!  I highly recommend it!  I changed it up just by adding a 1/2 cup of chopped pecans that I had on hand.  Do heed her recommendation to use parchment paper.  The caramel really sticks!  I used wax paper because I was out of parchment and got to enjoy scraping them off the waxed paper when they were done. (not fun)


You can see all the oats and caramel bits.  Yum!



1 comment:

Maggie said...

Oh, caramel bits and oats...you get me everytime!! I'm glad you liked them and your clean up was easy :)

XOXO,
Mags