Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dill Salad - Recipe Linky Party!!

 My all time favorite salad in all the world is one that I discovered on Land O' Lakes website.  It is called Dilled Garden Salad.  I discovered the recipe a couple of years ago while looking for something to fix for a summer get-together with friends.  I LOVE mozzarella cheese and I LOVE kalamata olives and look for any way possible to use them!



Photo courtesy of Land O' Lakes

My fellow blogger friend, Brooke, at All Things Thrifty is doing a fun "all things delicious" linky party.  I thought I'd share this delicious recipe for a salad with everyone!

The Recipe:


2 medium tomatoes, cut into bite-sized wedges
1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
1 small onion, cut in half, thinly sliced
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
4 ounces Mozzarella Cheese, cubed 1/2 inch

Vinaigrette

1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill weed* (or use 1 tsp dried dill - which I do because fresh is expensive and I won't use it up and it'll go bad)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions

Place all salad ingredients except cheese cubes in large serving bowl; toss lightly.


Whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients in small bowl. Pour over salad; toss well. Refrigerate at least 4 hours to blend flavors. Stir in cheese just before serving.


I have made this the night before, leaving the cheese out until right before serving and that works great too.  The flavors in this salad with that vinaigrette are amazing!


Let me know if you try it and what you think!  I think you will love it as much as I do!




2 comments:

Diane said...

Ummmm, this looks delish! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Erin said...

Your salad sounds fantastic! I love salads and could probably live off of them (well, that and dessert.) I'll be making this one for sure!